- This event has passed.
IncluSMe Summer School on Intercultural Learning in Science: Discover different approaches to science education from all over Europe
June 20 - June 29
IncluSMe offers a summer school with the focus on intercultural learning in natural sciences. During their stay, students will have numerous opportunities for intercultural exchange, both within the international student group and outside when meeting local students, teacher and pupils.
Lectures and workshops with a particular emphasis on those topics will be given:
- Accompanying prospective teachers in making intercultural experience (preparation module)
- Different perspectives on current ecological problems
- Scientific problems involving moral, ethical or cultural aspects
- Intercultural science learning outside of school
- Relevance of language in science education
- Assessment in mathematics and science in multicultural contexts
In addition, IncluSMe will offer a cultural learning programme: for ex-ample, visits of the Czech National Museum, the Technical Museum and the expositions of the Faculty of Natural Sciences of the Charles Univer-sity. Also, excursions to schools and other relevant institutions will be organised to give prospective teachers an insight into the life in school and society in another country.
Main target group: Natural science students in teacher education programmes – also interested university teachers welcome!
Application deadline: 15 April, 2018
Award: 3 ETCS credits, certificate of participation
Costs for students of IncluSMe partner universities: Attendance fee 25, – EUR. Participants can apply for funds for travel, accommodation and subsistence up to 910, – EUR
Fee for students of other universities: Attendance fee 100, – EUR. Travel, accommodation and subsistence costs on own expenses.